Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Look out for that Momzilla !!!!!

            If you are anything like me, you will find your Mother's words slipping out of your mouth on occasion. Don't you just hate it when that happens???  I instantly stop myself and think really??? where did that come from? Whether your Mom was a great example of child rearing or not -you have to come to grips that eventually some traits will slide into your own practices with your family and children whether you like it or not.
          Proverbs 22:6 says, "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." I love how the term train is used here.We as parents should look at our children in this aspect because we are training them whether we realize it or not, even by our own behavior model. When I was in college, I majored in early childhood education ;because of this I had to take several psychology classes and despite the liberal views of most people in these classes ;they were beneficial. I remember when we were on the topic of children the Professor made a point to say that you can see the type of parenting kids are exposed to by their play.
        Since hearing this I always check myself to see how Cara is interacting with her dolls and and to see if she is showing kindness ...etc. I think every parent needs to look at themselves constantly for areas of improvement. After all your children are a gift from the Lord. Psalms127:3,"Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward." Shouldn't you treasure them and want to give them the best....more so the best of yourself. 
        I know in this busy world ,even though you don't want to admit it, your children can take a back seat in your life to work, worries and other difficulties that are inevitable. We as women lots of time bare most of the burden when it comes to our children. We are in charge of meals, laundry, homework, hygiene, and then on top of that a lot of women also work outside the home. I exhaust myself just describing it. As you should know already, my husband and I are blessed in our situation to where I can help in his job but I can do it from home and take care of our girls too!
        Hats off to ladies who can do it all! I myself get overwhelmed at times ,but I do have wonderful women in my family that I can always talk to and get good Godly advice for times when I don't know what to do. We need this as mothers- The Bible even makes reference to it. Titus 2:3-5,"3The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; 4That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, 5To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed."
       It is my goal and hopefully something that I can inspire other women to pattern by ...The Proverbs 31 Women....This is what I want for my life to exhibit. Proverbs 31:28, "Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her."  Just remember that your life is your own. Even if your Mother wasn't the best example you can still be a great example for your children, and If you had a great Mother then arise up and call her blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I happened upon your blog while googling my name ( they say to do you and your family once in awile to make sure nothing " out of sorts" comes up). Anyways, my name is Cara McCurry, and while reading your blog It was eerily strand the similarities between our worlds lol. I too, raise my children in a Godly household and dedicate ALL my time to my husband and children. My husband is self-employed and I help him out as much as possible-but my primary focus is my children/household. Just wanted to say hello:)

    ReplyDelete