Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Dealing with the public

            Growing up I always had a job...as a matter of fact between 16-18 I had about 2 to 3 at one time. I actually knew what responsibility was unlike some kids coming up today. Eventually life and mostly the Lord led me to where we are now and I get to work from home. I really enjoy it and it benefits us tremendously because we need me for our business and I need me to watch my kids so....it works. I am, however, a working Mom and do have to deal with the public (over the phone ) on a daily basis.
            I truly find it amazing how entitled people feel they are. We work with a certain "class" of people. Most of them my house would fit in their bathroom . LOL. Needless to say some of these folks were born to money and others probably worked their way thru life to get to the point where they can enjoy it. Despite their annoying requests these people do provide me with my paycheck--- so I will not go on about how difficult they are.
            So to get to the point- the other day my husband and I were talking about how we are no longer going to cater to these people and how it was getting ridiculous( as it does around Holidays)and I happened to start thinking about  how ridiculous we are to God. If anyone has ever took the time to really understand that God owes  you absolutely nothing , they might could see their selves this way.
            A while back our pastor preached several messages about our relationship with God that got me thinking. For most of my life I have been under the impression that God loves everybody and most of the people you sit around in church- well they are all going to heaven. Well that is very incorrect- Our Pastor made things so much clearer to me thru the scriptures and it has really burdened my heart. We all deserve hell- That is what we deserve, we can do nothing to earn our way to heaven.
            BUT God thru his infinite mercy reaches down and picks us. How amazing is that!! God chose me. Despite all of my past, all of my faults, relentless sinning, he chose me and  made me a part of his family. I have begun to be almost ashamed to pray the way I used to - You know about 1 min while you are already in bed half asleep and think well...I could use this or this?
           Have you ever just started out by simply thanking God for all he has given you? If not you should try it sometime......Here's a thought for the day ...and it is borrowed...What would you have today if you only had what you thanked HIM for yesterday??? Needless to say, even when I get aggravated with stupid people and think there is truly no end to the madness- I just think about how I have annoyed God over the years and his loving kindness still see fit to bless me!

No comments:

Post a Comment